Espresso is a drink loved by everyone. The thick consistency and high concentration make it perfect for sleepy mornings. Many coffee lovers use espresso machines for brewing perfect espressos within no time and with a single click.
These machines are available in a varied price range and have a lot of functions. We have brought you a list of the top 5 best espresso machines under $150 so that you will have a simple idea while buying an espresso machine as per your needs and budget.
These budget friendly espresso machines are no lesser in quality than the high-end espresso machines only some additional features will not be present. They are capable of brewing authentic espressos with a distinct aroma at home within less time and the perfect consistency. Moreover, you can make nearly every coffee recipe with these espresso makers.
- 5 Best Espresso Machines Under $150
- 1. DeLonghi EC155 15 Bar Espresso Maker-3 in 1 filter holder
- 2. Gevi Espresso Machine-15 bar powerful pressure pump
- 3. Gevi Espresso Machine-Best espresso machine for home
- 4. Nespresso Inissia Original Espresso Machine-Smallest espresso machine
- 5. Capresso Pump Espresso and Cappuccino Machine
- Maintenance Tips For Espresso Machines
- Frequently Asked Questions
5 Best Espresso Machines Under $150
1. DeLonghi EC155 15 Bar Espresso Maker-3 in 1 filter holderBest Pick
Why do we love it?
- The inbuilt manual milk frother produces rich and smooth Crema.
- Perfect for espresso lovers with smaller kitchen spaces with its compact design.
- Cheaper in price and has multiple features which will work great for people with lower budgets..
This popular DeLonghi espresso machine is the best you can get below $150. It has literally everything an espresso lover like you expects from an espresso maker. The adjustable controls which can be personalized as per your preferences are rare to see at this price range.
Moreover, the attached steam wand with excellent mobility will offer you a delicious Crema layer on top of your espresso. Furthermore, the twin brewing cycle makes sure you never run late by brewing two espresso shots at once.
Additionally, it maintains an optimal temperature between two espresso shots for speedy work. Unlike many other espresso machines on this list, this one comes with removable and dishwasher-safe parts.
- Dishwasher safe parts.
- Tiny footprint.
- 15 minutes heat-up time.Â
- makes great espresso.
- Vibrates a bit
- Steam wand is weak
We know that this espresso maker manufactured by DeLonghi is below $150 but it’s more than that. It is a lightweight and long-lasting espresso machine. The twin brewing cycle will make it easier to make two coffee cups at a time.
Moreover, you don’t have to fill the water reservoir frequently because of its big water capacity of 1 liter. It can easily fit into a small space on your kitchen counter. However, the machine vibrates a bit due to its lightweight, otherwise, it is a superb choice at this price range.
2. Gevi Espresso Machine-15 bar powerful pressure pump
Why we love it?
- Includes an extra large water reservoir capacity of 1.25 liters, the perfect choice for a large coffee-loving family.
- It has a powerful Italian pressure pump that can exert 15 bars of pressure.
- The espresso machine also comes with a dual heating system with different and controlled temperatures for the steam wand and the espresso brewer.
Making a cup of cappuccino might be tricky for many of you but not with this espresso maker. The Gevi espresso and cappuccino maker can give you a premium experience while at home.
Moreover, if you are a beginner, this model will work best for you with its wondrous coffee making skills. Along with brewing espresso, it can also froth delicious and microfoam textured milk.
Unlike other espresso makers, this one includes a power saving mode that switches off the machine after 25 minutes of inactivity.
Moreover, you can brew two espressos at once with its twin brewing cycle and double-layer portafilter.
Additionally, the dual temperature control gives you the freedom to control the temperature of the steam wander and espresso maker simultaneously.
- Easy to use controls.
- Drip tray with water indicator.
- Large water tank.
- Hard to clean.Â
- May leak.
This amazing espresso maker will be a great choice for people who like experimenting with their beverages. All the high end features at such a low price is an excellent deals.
Moreover, the dual temperature system and two coffee nozzles are enough for an espresso maker to be good. Gevi is a household name now, for its premium quality espresso machines at a cheaper price. Therefore, do give it a try if you want it all in one function.
3. Gevi Espresso Machine-Best espresso machine for homeBudget Pick
Why we love it?
- It requires only 2 minutes to start and heat up so that you can brew a delicious espresso shot within minutes.
- Moreover, the dual temperature control brews the espresso shots and milk frother differently.
- You can remove the detachable drip tray to adjust larger cups for a lungo shot.
Gevi is known for offering the best espresso machines at lower prices one such popular model is this one, which is known for having the best and most powerful pressure pump of 15 bars which can compete with a high end espresso machine.
Also, you can brew any of your favorite coffee recipes at your home including cappuccino and latte.
Moreover, it has a water container capacity which can brew 10 espresso shots at once. Therefore, it is good to go if you have a big family.
Moreover, you can froth the milk up to your preferred consistency with its attached and highly mobile steam wand. Therefore, you can definitely go for this one.
- Removable drip tray.
- Dual temperature control.
- Simple switches.
- Visual control panels.
- Weak build quality.
- Vibrates a lot.
We would like to recommend this cheapest and most friendly espresso maker in this list of best espresso machines under $150.
Moreover, it has also been featured in the top 8 best Italian espresso machines of 2022.
As said earlier it can brew up to 10 espresso shots at once. Moreover, it has a stainless steel and plastic body. So it’s a good option to get this one. However, it is extremely lightweight so it vibrates a lot during operation.
4. Nespresso Inissia Original Espresso Machine-Smallest espresso machineStaff Pick
Why we love it?
- it takes only 25 seconds to heat up, even less than that so you will be provided with your coffee cup within seconds.
- One of the rarest feature to be seen in an espresso machine is its foldable drip tray which can accommodate larger cup sizes.
- All basic Nespresso machines including this one can program the cup sizes and remember your preferences.
Searching for a cheap and automatic espresso machine has never been an easier task. Therefore, we have included this mini espresso maker which can be taken anywhere you want with its lightweight feature.
The 19 bars powerful pressure pump is more than enough to extract the best coffee flavor. It will be a good gifting option for a coffee lover.
Moreover, there are many color options available in this model so you have the freedom to get the one you love, additionally, it brews espresso shots like any other high-end espresso machine at such a low price range.
Lastly, there are two programmable buttons on Inissia for brewing two cup sizes namely: lungo and espresso.
- 2 programmable coffee functions.Â
- Amazing espresso quality.Â
- Â Not expensive.
- Perfect coffee temperature.
- Uses pricey coffee capsules.
Don’t worry if you have a low budget, you can still get a good espresso machine with good espresso brewing skills, take a look at this Inissia manufactured by Nespresso.
Unlike many other cheap espresso machines, it takes only 25 seconds to heat up and start working.
However, it uses expensive coffee capsules from OriginalLine so you will be free to select any third-party capsules. Besides that, it’s a really nice espresso maker at such a low price.
5. Capresso Pump Espresso and Cappuccino Machine
Why we love it?
- Features a twin brewing cycle for brewing two espresso shots at once.
- It weighs only 8 pounds which makes it one of the best portable espresso makers on the list.
- Moreover, the machine also takes care that the cup remains warm through its warm tray.
A powerful pressure pump is the main feature to see while buying an espresso machine. With this in mind we bring before you this lightweight and compact espresso maker with 15 bar pressure pump by capresso.
It also features an attached steam wand with high mobility brewing delicious milk recipes. Moreover, you can brew two espresso shots at once. Also, it’s a great choice for people with large families or high coffee needs as it has a capacity of 42 oz.
What makes it special is its automatic rinsing cycle which maintains the optimal temperature between two espresso shots. Also they provide a warming tray so your espresso shot never gets cold after pouring.
- Weighs only 8 pounds.Â
- Better coffee extraction.
- 42 oz water capacity.
- Fragile build.
If you are a beginner or searching for the best espresso machine under $100 without a second though go for this one because it has everything you need for experimenting with your coffee cup.
It has a great steam wand, semi-automatic features and easy to clean and removable machine parts too. However, the build quality is not up to the mark but you can use it for years, unless you do something on purpose.
Maintenance Tips For Espresso Machines
- Clean your espresso machine daily. By saying so we are talking about washing the water container, drip tray, milk frother, porta filter and cleaning the group head so there is no coffee residue left.
- Run a cleaning cycle with only water after each brew. It makes sure that there is no coffee residue left inside.
- Keep your machine moisture free. Do not forget to wipe out the parts dry before reassembling them or they may grow bacteria and molds.
- We advise you to descale your espresso machine every 2 months for a better functionality and longer lifespan.
- Wipe the exterior of the machine daily with a clean dry damp cloth for a better look.
- We prefer using filtered water instead of hard tap water for making coffee as it has no minerals which can cause scaling inside the machine and you will require less descaling.
- Remove the used coffee grounds as soon as possible and clean the porta filter and baskets with tap water.
- We do not advise it to use any homemade descaling solution as they may damage the internal parts of the machine but if you have no other choice, use it at your own risk.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do espresso machines make regular coffee?
No, espresso machines can’t make regular coffee because espresso makers are only made for making espressos. They extract the coffee flavor by forcing water with pressure on the coffee grounds. On the contrary, coffee machines have different extraction methods.
Can you grind espresso beans in a coffee grinder?
If your coffee grinder has a grind size dial, you can definitely grind espresso beans in it because espresso uses a finer grind as compared to regular coffee.
How long does it take for an espresso machine to heat up?
Depending on your espresso machine model, the heat up time varies. Generally, home espresso machines can take 1-20 minutes for heat up and commercial espresso machines may take longer time.
How long should an espresso machine last?
Depending on your maintenance and quality of your espresso machine it will last until you maintain it properly. However, good quality espresso machines have a lifespan of 5-10 years on average.
In this article, we have included the best espresso machine below $150 so that you can choose the best espresso maker for you. You can also check out our other articles with different price ranges top 8 best espresso machines under $1000, top 6 best espresso machines under $500 and top 6 best espresso machines under $300.
Espresso makers have been proved to be very beneficial for busy coffee lovers, because they can brew espressos within minutes. Moreover, an inbuilt steam wand or an inbuilt milk frother works perfectly for making amazing espresso recipes.