Are you one of those who wake up late or are late every time for an important meeting, if yes, you must have the best dual coffee maker at your home. We have specially featured the top 8 best dual coffee makers of 2021 for sleepy heads like you.
Some of these coffee makers can brew espressos, while others can brew a large carafe and a single-serve coffee simultaneously.
In this article, we have featured the best two-way coffee makers by testing them for their quality, build quality, and price range. Therefore, you can trust us and go with any of these coffee makers blindly.
However, do remember your preferences before choosing. Now, let’s get started with detailed reviews of the best duo coffee makers.
At a Glance:
- 8 Best Dual Coffee Makers
- 1. Cuisinart SS-20P1 Coffee Center
- 2. Hamilton Beach FlexBrew Coffee Maker
- 3. Keurig K-Duo Coffee Maker
- 4. De’Longhi BCO430BM All-in-One Combination Maker
- 5. Keurig K-Duo Plus Coffee Maker
- 6. Ninja Hot and Cold Brewed System coffee maker
- 7. Hamilton Beach 2-Way Brewer Coffee Maker
- 8. Cuisinart CHW-12P1 12-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker
- How to use a dual coffee maker?
- Frequently Asked Questions
8 Best Dual Coffee Makers
1. Cuisinart SS-20P1 Coffee Center
Why do we love it?
- This coffee maker comes with a stainless steel thermal carafe which can keep the coffee hot for at least two hours
- Moreover, it shuts off on its own after a specific time whenever not in use
- Also, you can control the strength of your brew according to your preference for bold and normal
One of the best and recommended by experts, this Cuisinart dual coffee maker can brew your favorite coffee according to your preferences, and that too within minutes. Moreover, if you are a fan of K-cups it would be beneficial for you to get this one as it’s compatible with K-cups and ground coffee as well.
Also, you can schedule your coffee within 24 hours.
Besides the coffee quality, the build quality is also perfect according to its price as it’s made out of plastic and stainless steel. Although it’s made of plastic, you don’t have to worry about your plastic tasting coffee. However, the price is quite high for a coffee maker but it comes with a 3 years warranty so you will be carefree as it will be an excellent investment for at least 3 years.
- Nice metallic finish
- The thermal carafe keeps coffee hot
- K-cup compatibleÂ
- Comes with a 3-year warrantyÂ
- Quite expensiveÂ
- Poor extraction of coffeeÂ
If you want the best coffee maker under $200, you should get this coffee maker. Other than dual brewing, it has many other notable features such as ready alert, self-cleaning functions, different coffee strengths, and many more.
However, the price range can be quite high for some people but trust us, it’s a brilliant investment as you don’t have to pay for coffee for at least 5 years. Hence, it’s great if you opt for this one, or else you can check other options.
2. Hamilton Beach FlexBrew Coffee Maker
Hamilton Beach FlexBrew Coffee MakerBest Pick
Why do we love it?
- While using the single serve side, you can use k-cups or ground coffee according to your preferences
- Moreover, you can pause the coffee maker while brewing to have a hot brew while you are running late
- Also, you can easily use the two-sided water window to see the water level so you will never run out of water while brewing coffee
Perfect for a family with different coffee needs, the Hamilton Beach FlexBrew comes with a 96 oz water capacity. Moreover, you can make 12 cups of coffee within minutes with its carafe side. Also, it’s a two-way coffee brewer therefore, it does come with a single brew side which is compatible with k-cups so you don’t have to measure those grounds and can enjoy a variety of flavors.
Moreover, you can schedule coffee brewing with its programmable feature which lets you set a timer. Also, if you are using the carafe side, you can simply pause the brew and have coffee in between. Lastly, you don’t have to worry about the dry burning and energy wastage as it shuts off on its own.
- Delay brew featureÂ
- Different coffee strengthsÂ
- 2-hour auto shut offÂ
- Compatible with K-cupsÂ
- Brews slowly
- Makes a mess while pouringÂ
If you have a medium budget, we would recommend this one of the best coffee makers under $150. Depending on its coffee and build quality, this coffee maker deserves a high price. Moreover, you can brew a single-serve coffee and a full-sized carafe simultaneously.
Therefore, it’s a nice deal to go for as you will get several features and also outstanding quality.
3. Keurig K-Duo Coffee Maker
Keurig K-Duo Coffee MakerStaff Pick
Why do we love it?
- The single serve side of the coffee maker can serve cups of different sizes and according to your preferences
- Furthermore, you can place it anywhere and take it anywhere during your trips as its lightweight and compact in size
- Moreover, you can also program brew in the next 24 hours and enjoy freshly brewed coffee as soon as you wake up or come home.
The Keurig K-Duo takes coffee brewing to the next level as you can brew a single-serve as well as a 12 cup carafe at the same time. With this coffee maker, you will get the freedom to choose between K-cups or ground coffee, anything you prefer.
Moreover, the 12 cup glass carafe keeps the coffee hot for a longer time because of its warming plate.
Besides coffee brewing, the build quality is pleasant and will last for years. Although it’s plastic, it’s BPA free so don’t worry about any plastic smell or toxic chemicals in your coffee. However, the design of the water reservoir is quite problematic and may leak if overfilled.
Other than that, it’s a nice coffee maker and you should go for it if you are a Keurig fan.
- can fit anywhereÂ
- Wide water reservoirÂ
- Easy to clean and maintainÂ
- The hot plate doesn’t get warm enoughÂ
- May leakÂ
- Shuts off quickly after inactivityÂ
As our opinion matters, if you love nice coffee with a smooth consistency and a warm one, you should get this Keurig K-duo coffee maker for an easy brewing experience. However, the water capacity may fall short for a big family but you can fill it any time.
Therefore, you can consider this coffee maker for you as the cons are not that problematic and can be solved while operating.
4. De’Longhi BCO430BM All-in-One Combination Maker
Why do we love it?
- You can enjoy coffee as well as freshly brewed espresso shots with this DeLonghi coffee maker
- Also, it comes with a front loading system so you wonâ€™t have any problem while cleaning this coffee maker
- Moreover, you will be provided with an active carbon filter which keeps the impurities and harmful bacteria out of your coffee or espresso cup
Do you want to become a self-made barista? If your answer is yes, this all-in-one coffee maker by DeLonghi is specially made for you. With this coffee maker, you can also brew strong espresso shots for making the perfect latte and cappuccino at home.
Moreover, it comes with an inbuilt steam wand that lets you froth milk with the perfect consistency and you can pour it over the coffee or espresso according to your preferences.
Furthermore, you will be provided with a powerful 15 bar pressure pump for amazing coffee extraction. However, it takes a lot of space and is kinda expensive with a price range above $300. Therefore, go for this one if you have a high budget range.
- Can brew espressos also
- You can set a coffee timerÂ
- Easy to cleanÂ
- Attached steam wandÂ
- The water level is not visibleÂ
- Takes a large amount of spaceÂ
Specially made for people who love having drip coffee as well as espressos, this DeLonghi works well in any condition. You can brew 10 cups of drip coffee in a big carafe at once and enjoy small yet strong espresso shots simultaneously.
Moreover, you can get freshly frothed milk with its attached steam wand with great mobility. Although it takes a lot of kitchens counter space, it’s worth trying.
5. Keurig K-Duo Plus Coffee Maker
Why do we love it?
- This Keurig dual coffee maker comes with a 12 cup thermal carafe which is able to keep coffee warm for at least 2 hours.
- Furthermore, you can brew single serves in different cup sizes ranging from 6,8, 10 and 12
- Also, it has a narrow footprint and adjustable water reservoir which makes sure you can place it anywhere
People looking for compact dual coffee makers, we have something for you. This Keurig K-Duo plus can brew a whole carafe of 12 cups and a single-serve coffee with different sizes in a single machine which you have to program according to your preferences.
While using the single-serve you can use K-cups as well as ground coffee for brewing so there is the freedom to choose.
Moreover, you can adjust the water reservoir at different sides according to your kitchen space and your comfort. Also, you don’t have to waste money on those paper filters as it already includes one reusable mesh filter. Besides that, when it comes to coffee extraction, it’s worth every penny you will pay for it.
- Small footprint
- Easy to operateÂ
- The thermal carafe keeps coffee warm
- Brews in fastÂ
- First cups may taste plasticÂ
- The plastic build is not durableÂ
If you are one of those lazy heads who have no time to brew a cup of coffee in the mornings, you can invest in this best coffee maker under $200 for your ease. It can schedule a single brew or carafe according to your preferences.
Although, the build quality is not that strong and may break if not managed properly. Also, make sure you clean it thoroughly before using it because the first few cups taste like plastic.
6. Ninja Hot and Cold Brewed System coffee maker
Why do we love it?
- You can brew coffee as well as tea with different brew strength and sizes in a single coffee maker
- It doesn’t take a lot of space and also saves energy as it shuts off after a given period of time
- Moreover, you can fully detach its water reservoir and other parts for an easy cleaning
Many debates are going on about which one is better: tea or coffee? If you can’t decide which of them, you will surely love this Ninja coffee and tea maker which can consistently brew coffee as well as tea at the same place.
Moreover, you can choose not only between tea or coffee but also different strengths and brews amongst them such as cold brew, rich from the coffee and herbal, green from the tea section.
Furthermore, you can choose between 6 different brew sizes ranging from a small single-serve to 10 cups of carafe at a time. What makes it stand out is its attached steam wand which lets you enjoy a smooth layer of microfoam of Crema on the top of tea lattes, coffee recipes.
- Easy programmingÂ
- Removable water reservoir
- Can make cold brewÂ
- Pause and pour featureÂ
- Will leak if overfilledÂ
- Takes a long time to brewÂ
The one and only coffee maker on this list best dual coffee maker which can brew tea as well. You can go for it with a blind eye if there are people in your family who love tea as well as coffee and can’t afford both of them at the same time.
You can easily program it which makes it easier to use. Also, you can pause a brew in between to have coffee. Therefore, we highly recommend it as it’s worth the price.
7. Hamilton Beach 2-Way Brewer Coffee Maker
Hamilton Beach 2-Way Brewer Coffee MakerBudget Pick
Why do we love it?
- This 2 way coffee brewer shuts off on its own after 2 hours of inactivity which saves energy
- Moreover, you can enjoy a cup of coffee at any time you prefer after setting a timer for it
- Also, you can brew a full sized carafe and a single serve coffee simultaneously
Mid-budget will never be a problem if you want a strong dual coffee maker because Hamilton has brought to you this beach 2-way coffee brewer which lets you brew a single-serve coffee and a carafe at the same time and with the same intensities.
Moreover, you can easily program this coffee maker and use its delay brew feature which lets you schedule coffee at a given time.
Moreover, it won’t get burned any time soon because it automatically shuts down after 2 hours so no worries at all. Besides that, it can pull a decent brew according to its price. However, do make sure you have a huge space on your kitchen counter before buying one as it takes a lot of space.
- Spill-proof carafeÂ
- Shuts off after 2 hoursÂ
- Brews quicklyÂ
- Attractive designÂ
- No audible notificationsÂ
- Cannot fit in smaller spaces
It’s one of those coffee makers which has great capabilities but has a low price. Although the price is not that low, as compared to other dual coffee makers, it’s low. The features such as pause and pour, auto shut off, and strength control make it easier for you to brew coffee.
However, if you want to use K-cups, this one is not made for you, check out the Hamilton Beach FlexBrew Coffee Maker as itâ€™s compatible with them. To sum up, it’s a nice machine but does not contain some high-end features.
8. Cuisinart CHW-12P1 12-Cup Programmable Coffeemaker
Why do we love it?
- This fully automatic coffee maker comes with self-cleaning function which makes sure you it lasts long
- Also, it’s made out of BPA free material so your coffee or hot water will never have poisonous chemicals in them
- Similarly, you can decide the temperature of your coffee with its temperature control settings.
Once again here we are at the second machine in this list manufactured by Cuisinart. When it comes to coffee brewing, it’s fully ready with its high-powered pressure pump, amazing extraction, and many more features. However, due to its precise brewing, it’s slow and can take some time to brew.
Besides that, it comes with self-cleaning functions which make sure you don’t have to do those tedious tasks on your own.
Other than coffee brewing, you can also boil water in it for making oats, hot chocolate, or anything. This coffee maker is paired with a 12 cup coffee carafe and the same water capacity. Therefore, it’s nice if you have a small family or a group of people with high coffee needs.
- Can boil water
- Programmable functionsÂ
- Takes less than 10 minutesÂ
- Strong stainless steel buildÂ
- Very slowÂ
- The carafe is cheaply madeÂ
The last dual coffee maker on the list is this automatic dual coffee maker which can also boil water into it. The Cuisinart coffee maker can brew 54 ounces of coffee at once and with the same consistency. Moreover, they are providing a 3-year warranty on their coffee maker so it’s a wonderful deal we can say. Therefore, you should get this coffee maker if you don’t want to toil hard for a mere coffee.
How to use a dual coffee maker?
If you are new to coffee making and directly buying a dual coffee maker, here are some easy steps you should follow to make a pleasant and balanced brew according to your preference.
Firstly, choose the side which you are going to use either you want a single-serve or a full-sized carafe. Depending on that, the steps go on changing for coffee brewing.
if you are going to use the carafe side, you will require ground coffee. We will recommend you to have 1 teaspoon of coffee grounds for every ounce. Moreover, if you select the single-serve side, if your coffee maker is compatible with K-cups you can use them or you can use the reusable cups.
furthermore, depending on your choice, pour the required amount of water into the water reservoir. If it’s a single-serve, only pour that much amount of water, no more than that.
toss in the K-cup or ground coffee in the coffee ground reservoir. Moreover, if you are going to use ground coffee, use a paper filter or a mesh filter which will be provided with the coffeemaker.
plug in the coffeemaker and switch it on. Depending on its heating time, the coffee maker may take 2-10 minutes to heat up. Furthermore, choose the serving size and brew type you prefer if your coffee maker has the option. Otherwise, press the only button provided.
After heating up and choosing your preferred brew, it will start pouring freshly brewed coffee in the carafe or your cup. If you have the pause and pour feature, you can stop the brew at the carafe side.
After enjoying the coffee, remove the used K-cup or ground coffee and run a brewing cycle through the machine, only with water. This step makes sure your coffee machine is free from used grounds, oils, or any other debris.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are dual coffee makers worth it?
Yes, dual coffee makers are worth the price you will be paying for because they brew amazing coffee and some of them can brew espressos. Moreover, they can save your time by brewing more coffee in less time.Â
Can I use vinegar to descale my dual coffee maker?
If you have used vinegar before and have a good experience with it, you can go for vinegar. However, some coffee makers do not go well with vinegar and require a special descaling agent. Therefore, do check out the user manual before using vinegar..
Is it cheaper to buy a dual coffee maker?
Yes obviously, dual coffee makers can save your hard-earned money because they are cheaper and can work for years with consistent coffee quality.Â
What are the best dual brew coffee makers?
We would recommend you the Hamilton Beach 2-Way Brewer Coffee Maker if you have a budget of around $100 and the Ninja Hot and Cold Brewed System if you love coffee and also tea.Â
Dual coffee makers are great when you are a working person who requires a lot of coffee at frequent intervals. Here we have provided the top 8 best dual coffee makers of 2021 so you don’t have to search them on your own. Moreover, you can also check out our article on
- Top 7 best automatic pour over coffee makers
- Top 5 best 4 cup coffee makers
. Each of these dual coffee brewers featured here is tested and used by us. Some of them are our personal favorites. Therefore, you can go for them with a blind eye. Lastly, we hope that you have loved our article and would appreciate us by purchasing one of these coffee makers for yourself.