You might be someone who hates coffee pods or doesn’t want to use them as you think they are useless, right? If so, you should check out this list of the top 6 best single-serve coffee makers without pods, which come in a low price range and can make premium quality coffee within minutes.
Moreover, having such a coffee maker will lessen the plastic waste and so you, in turn, will be helping mother nature.
Besides that, single-serve coffee makers are the perfect option for bachelors or if you are the only one who loves coffee at your home. Furthermore, they don’t take up a lot of space. So those were some of the good sides of the single-serve coffee makers.
Here we have featured the best single serve coffee makers without pods after getting tested by our team and we have also provided a genuine review about each of them.
At a Glance:
- 6 Best Single Serve Coffee Makers Without Pods
- 1.Hamilton Beach Single Serve Coffee Maker
- 2. Ninja 10-Cup Coffee Maker, with 50 Oz Glass Carafe
- 3. Cuisinart Grind & Brew Automatic Coffeemaker
- 4. BLACK+DECKER Single Serve Coffeemaker
- 5. Chefman Instant Coffee Single Serve Coffee Maker
- 6. Adir Single Serve Coffee Maker
- Frequently Asked Questions
6 Best Single Serve Coffee Makers Without Pods
1.Hamilton Beach Single Serve Coffee Maker
Hamilton Beach Single Serve Coffee MakerStaff Pick
Why do we love it?
- The fully stainless steel body and a sleek look will make sure it will last long and you can place it anywhere
- Furthermore, this coffee maker comes with an automatic shutoff feature which will never let the coffee maker burn internally.
- Lastly, you can choose between two coffee strength options, which are regular and bold
How about a coffee maker with a price range less than $50 and which lets you enjoy freshly brewed coffee? If you loved this thought, you will fall in love with this Hamilton single-serve coffee maker which can provide you fresh and hot coffee in no time and that too with amazing taste. Furthermore, this coffee maker automatically shuts off after every single brew, so no energy gets wasted or the machine won’t burn.
Also, even if it’s a cheap machine, you can choose between bold and regular coffee strengths according to your preferences. Lastly, it doesnâ€™t use coffee pods so you can only use inexpensive coffee grounds. Hence, you should go for this coffee maker if you don’t have a good budget and high coffee needs.
- Price is less than $50
- Small footprint
- Doesn’t waste coffeeÂ
- Quickly brews coffee
- Coffee is dilutedÂ
- Coffee splatters aroundÂ
We would recommend this Hamilton coffee maker, which is way cheaper and faster than many coffee makers. You can choose the brewing strength and also have a hot coffee within minutes. Also, it shuts off after each use so you won’t waste electricity.
However, many people complain that the coffee splatters, but it’s due to overflowing and it can be resolved. Hence, you can go for it and you won’t regret your choice.
2. Ninja 10-Cup Coffee Maker, with 50 Oz Glass Carafe
Ninja 10-Cup Coffee Maker, with 50 Oz Glass CarafeBest Pick
Why do we love it?
- You can brew six different coffee sizes with three different coffee strengths according to your preferences
- Furthermore, this single serve coffee maker also comes with a self-cleaning function
- Also, you can schedule a brew for the next day so you can enjoy it even if you are running late
Even though you are searching for a pod-free single-serve coffee maker, we are here with a Ninja coffee maker which can let you brew single serve as well as 10 cup coffee at a time. What makes it more special is you can brew six different coffee sizes according to your preferences.
Furthermore, you can brew coffee with three different strengths according to your choices. Also, you can choose between a glass carafe or a thermal carafe if you want. This single-serve coffee maker no pod comes with a unique design that looks amazing and would be an eye-catcher for you. Therefore, you can think of getting this one as it doesnâ€™t use coffee pods but simply coffee grounds.
- Warmer keeps coffee hotÂ
- Consistent quality brewÂ
- Cup or carafe optionÂ
- Self-cleaning functionÂ
- Weighs up to 10 poundsÂ
- Takes more spaceÂ
If you have a medium budget of around $150, this best single-cup coffee maker, no pods, will be the best choice for you. With this coffee maker, you can brew different coffee sizes ranging from a small cup to a 10 cup carafe.
Moreover, you can also decide on their strengths. However, it’s much bigger than any other single-serve coffee maker without pods therefore, make sure you have the required place for it.
3. Cuisinart Grind & Brew Automatic Coffeemaker
Why do we love it?
- With this coffee maker, you can enjoy freshly ground coffee beans as it comes with an inbuilt coffee grinder.
- Even if you keep the coffee maker on, it will shut down after some time, which you have to set.
- Furthermore, you can schedule your brew according to your time for the next 24 hours.
Don’t want to invest in a coffee grinder but want to enjoy the full-bodied flavor we get by freshly ground beans? If yes, you should take a look at this single-serve coffee maker by Cuisinart which can make amazing coffee within minutes. With this coffee maker, you can grind beans and use them directly for brewing a delicious cup of coffee.
Moreover, it doesnâ€™t use coffee pods and won’t let you waste your money on those pre grounds. Furthermore, you can also program the coffee maker and schedule a brew for the next 24 hours and enjoy a cup of coffee as soon as you come home or wake up.
Besides that, it shuts off automatically as per your preferred time. Hence, you can think of buying this coffee maker for yourself.
- Coffee stays hot for longÂ
- It’s programmableÂ
- Sleek designÂ
- Gold-tone commercial filter
- Carafe is hard to pourÂ
- Noisy while grindingÂ
We would recommend you to get this Cuisinart coffee maker if you have a budget under $100 and want to have the best single-serve coffee experience. With this coffee maker, you can grind beans, delay your brew, pause the brew and also decide the cup size.
Therefore, it’s the best deal you can have. Also, according to your choice, it doesnâ€™t use coffee pods, so it’s environmentally friendly. However, the carafe you get with this one is hard to pour, and that’s the only downfall. Besides that, you cannot deny the fact that it’s the best single-serve coffee maker without pods.
4. BLACK+DECKER Single Serve Coffeemaker
Why do we love it?
- This single serve coffee maker comes with a permanent filter which filters out all coffee grounds
- Furthermore, the coffee is directly collected in a 16 ounce travel mug and its convenient to carry
- Also, you can use coffee grounds as well as coffee pods according to your choice
The Black+Decker coffee maker is the cheapest single-serve coffee maker with no pods on this list with a price range under $30. You can brew a 16-ounce cup within 4 minutes with a decent taste and flavor. Also, you don’t have to worry about dry burning as it auto shuts off after each brew.
You don’t even have to clean it by yourself, as all the parts of this coffee maker are dishwasher safe. What makes it more special is, there are no complicated features but only a single touch button to operate it. Besides that, you have to use grounds only as it cannot use the coffee pods and that’s what you wanted, right? So you should get this coffee maker if you have a very low budget.
- Takes only 4 minutes to brew
- Does not require much counter spaceÂ
- Auto shutoff feature availableÂ
- Reusable mesh filter
- Drips for a few minutes
- Cheap plastic build
This coffee maker is one of our favorites when it comes to the cheapest single-serve coffee makers because it has everything a coffee lover would appreciate. Furthermore, it doesn’t include any complicated features, but it’s fast and brews coffee within 4 minutes.
Also, it comes with an auto-shutoff feature, so even if you forget to switch it off, it will do itself. However, according to its price range, the build is decent but it’s cheap plastic. Therefore, if you are fine with it, you can get it.
5. Chefman Instant Coffee Single Serve Coffee Maker
Why do we love it?
- You can easily choose the strength of your coffee by simply adding more or less water to this coffee maker
- Also, it takes only 30 seconds to brew a 14 oz cup with a preferred strength
- Moreover, its compact and has a small footprint, so you can easily fit it anywhere on your kitchen counter
One of the most popular single-serve coffee makers amongst the bachelors which provide an amazing and strong-flavored coffee is this Chefman instant coffee maker which is capable of using coffee grounds as well as K-cups, so the choice is yours.
Furthermore, the brand promises that the coffee maker can brew a 14-ounce cup within 30 seconds.
The small footprint of this coffee maker makes it easier for you to fit it anywhere you require. Hence, it’s for people with small kitchen spaces. Moreover, it uses coffee grounds and also uses k-cups, so if someone from your family loves using cups, it’s a better option to get this coffee maker for you and them. Hence, you can go for this cheap mini single-serve coffee maker for under $40.
- coffee is hot enoughÂ
- Self-cleaning featureÂ
- Compact and portable designÂ
- Uses coffee groundsÂ
- Hard to fill the water reservoirÂ
- Splashes out coffee
It’s a better option to go for as it’s not too cheap and not too expensive so the build quality is decent. Furthermore, it can brew coffee within 30 seconds, so it’s easy to have a cup of coffee even when you are running late.
Besides that, the coffee temperature is hot enough and not lukewarm as many other cheap coffee makers have and you can also use k-cups with it. Therefore, you can go for this compact coffee maker for under $40.
6. Adir Single Serve Coffee Maker
Adir Single Serve Coffee MakerBudget Pick
Why do we love it?
- With this coffee maker, you get only one switch to operate so you won’t be confused while using it and you can control the brewing process
- Also, it weighs only 1.3 pounds and has a sleek design so you can easily transport it anywhere
- Furthermore, all of the parts are dishwasher safe so you don’t have to worry about cleaning it by hand
Here is the last single-serve coffee maker with no pods for you, which is also a cheap one and has minimal operating features. This Adir single-serve coffee maker is an easy-to-use coffee maker which is capable of brewing strong flavored coffee within minutes.
Furthermore, other than coarse grind, you can use any kind of grind you prefer, even the espresso grind.
Also, you have the freedom to choose from four different color options, so get one according to your preferences. Besides that, it’s eco-friendly, as it doesnâ€™t use those plastic pods and paper filters so you can have a guilt-free coffee experience.
Lastly, it’s portable, so you can take it anywhere you want according to your choice. Hence, if you want to enjoy the bolder taste of coffee within a low price range, it’s the perfect one for you.
- Compatible with any ground coffee
- Brews strong coffeeÂ
- Well-insulated travel mugÂ
- Compact sizeÂ
- Plastic buildÂ
- Mesh filter is delicateÂ
So it’s the last option you have with you from the best single-serve ground coffee maker. As it’s a cheaper one, do not expect a good quality construction, but it’s quite decent to say. Furthermore, the coffee temperature is perfect and it can brew a cup of strong coffee.
Therefore, we highly recommend this coffee maker to you if you are a college student, as it’s also one of the best coffee makers for college.
Frequently Asked Questions
What brand makes the best single-serve coffee maker?
We would recommend you to get a coffee maker from the brand Ninja as they are popular mostly because of their single-serve coffee maker and itâ€™s a well-known brand so you can trust them.Â
Are pod coffee machines worth it?
The answer depends from person to person. Many people find it easier to use the coffee pods with machines and enjoy the taste. Moreover, some people think they are bad for the environment and should be banned. We would say they are worth it as they let you enjoy coffee within minutes and with perfect taste.Â
Can I use a coffee maker without a pod?
Yes, you can use your pod coffee maker without using their pods by simply using reusable pods in which you can fill coffee grounds of your choice. However, there are machines that you can use without coffee pods.Â
Are coffee pods bad for your health?
To some extent, yes, coffee pods can have a bad effect on your health as they are made out of aluminum and plastic, which can leach chemicals in your coffee if they are not of good quality.Â
So that’s our list of the top 6 best single serve coffee makers without pods, which will let you enjoy a guilt-free coffee cup and that too with freshly ground beans and a distinct aroma. We hope that you have loved one of those coffee makers which we have suggested and we assure you that they won’t disappoint you.
We have provided you with the good as well as bad aspects of the single-serve coffee makers. However, you can check out our other articles if you are not yet satisfied and want to look for other better options.