If you are a real coffee lover, you would wait for more time to get a cup of amazing coffee with the perfect flavor and taste. We know you are one of them and that’s why we have brought you a list of the top 8 best siphon coffee makers of 2021 with their detailed and genuine reviews after testing them. Moreover, we also had a word with coffee experts.
The siphon coffee makers are some of those coffee makers which take a lot of time to brew but the coffee is worth waiting for. They look like some chemistry lab equipment, but the brewing process is fun to watch as it uses science at its best.
Furthermore, the coffee grounds are fully immersed in the water for a full-bodied flavor. Therefore, vacuum coffee makers are worth trying. Now, let’s get started with the detailed reviews of these siphon coffee makers.
At a Glance:
- 8 Best Siphon Coffee Makers
- 1. Bodum PEBO Vacuum Coffee Maker
- 2. Hario Glass Technica Syphon Coffee Maker
- 3. KitchenAid KCM0812OB Siphon Coffee Brewer
- 4. Diguo Belgian Balance Siphon Coffee Maker
- 5. Yama Siphon 8 Cup Stove Top Coffee Maker
- 6. Yama Glass 5 Cup Stovetop Siphon Coffee maker
- 7. Boeng 5-Cup Tabletop Siphon Coffee Maker
- 8. Nispira Belgian Luxury Siphon Coffee Maker
- How to use a siphon coffee maker?
- Frequently Asked Questions
8 Best Siphon Coffee Makers
1. Bodum PEBO Vacuum Coffee Maker
Bodum PEBO Vacuum Coffee MakerBest Pick
Why do we love it?
- It’s a perfect coffee maker for a bachelor with high coffee needs with its 8 cup capacity
- Furthermore, its fully sealed body will never let the coffee aroma escape and you can fully enjoy it
- Moreover, the glass build lets you keep a watch on the brewing process and it’s actually fun to watch it.
Here is the first and also the top-rated siphon coffee maker which you can totally trust. The Bodum vacuum coffee maker is one of those coffee makers which lets you enjoy the brewing process and gives a full-flavored coffee.
Moreover, the body is fully made out of glass except for the handle so it doesn’t get heated.
Furthermore, this coffee maker doesn’t let the aroma escape as it’s fully sealed. Also, the vacuum brewing method is known for extracting all coffee flavors in perfect balance. What makes it more special is, it wonâ€™t make any mess while pouring and you can easily clean it out by disassembling it.
Hence, you can think of buying this cheap siphon coffee maker to get the best brew at your home.
- Flavorful coffee taste
- Easy to useÂ
- Can be cleaned easily
- Filters out groundsÂ
- Plastic parts are flimsy
- Glass is delicateÂ
We would highly recommend you to get this siphon coffee maker by Bodum if you are looking for the best budget siphon coffee maker which can make smooth coffee. Furthermore, it can brew up to 8 cups of coffee so a small family would be really happy to have this coffee maker.
However, the glass is so thin, and it seems like it may break if not handled carefully. Besides that, it’s a really nice option to choose from for its coffee brewing.
2. Hario Glass Technica Syphon Coffee Maker
Hario Glass Technica Syphon Coffee MakerBudget Pick
Why do we love it?
- A perfect and compact siphon coffee maker of 5 cups for a bachelor or a coffee loving couple
- It’s made out of borosilicate glass and itâ€™s sturdy enough to not break for at least a year
- Also, you will get a burner with this siphon coffee maker and many other items
Want the best siphon coffee maker but don’t have a place to keep it? We would recommend you this compact siphon coffee maker by Hario which takes a small space as compared to many others. Moreover, bachelors would definitely appreciate it for its small size and a capacity of 5 cups only and we won’t recommend it for a family.
Besides that, it’s made in Japan and has the best build quality you can ever get in a siphon coffee maker. Moreover, the filter which keeps the grounds away and lets you enjoy filtered coffee is made from stainless steel and it won’t corrode easily.
Lastly, it’s easy to use once you know the perfect method which suits you.
- Design is compactÂ
- Can be disassembled easilyÂ
- Sturdy strong glassÂ
- Heat resistant bodyÂ
- Takes a long timeÂ
- Only makes 5 cups of coffee
As it’s the second-best siphon coffee maker, there are not many downfalls of it. You will enjoy using this siphon coffee maker as it’s fun to brew. Furthermore, even if it’s glass built, it’s strong and sturdy enough and wonâ€™t break even after heating it and creating a vacuum.
However, we cannot recommend this coffee maker for a family as it’s a mini siphon coffee maker with a capacity of only 5 cups which would be perfect only for a bachelor or a couple.
3. KitchenAid KCM0812OB Siphon Coffee Brewer
Why do we love it?
- It has a glass, and stainless steel construction which makes it strong and durable
- Furthermore, it comes with a magnetic lock which keeps both the chambers at their place
- Also, the brew unit stand with this coffee maker keeps the coffee carafe at its place
Don’t want to use an alcohol burner but still want to enjoy the siphon coffee? If yes, you should check out this KitchenAid siphon coffee brewer which is fully operated by electricity. Moreover, it’s an 8 cup siphon coffee brewer which you can take anywhere easily as it’s compact.
Furthermore, the coffee quality is outstanding, with a bright flavor.
Besides that, you don’t have to worry about the stand falling as the coffee maker has a magnetic lock that secures the top chamber on the bottom chamber. Also, it has a stand that will keep the bottom coffee pot secured and in place after the brewing process is over.
Therefore, you can think of buying the best vacuum coffee maker.
- Uses vacuum technologyÂ
- Sealed with magnetic lockÂ
- Extracts good coffee flavorsÂ
- Takes less spaceÂ
- Requires more cleaning timeÂ
- Coffee gets stuck inside the carafeÂ
We would highly recommend this KitchenAid siphon coffee maker to you if you don’t want to waste fuels and go for some eco-friendly options. The coffee maker lets you brew 8 cups of coffee at a time so a small family will be best suited.
However, the parts are not dishwasher safe and cleaning takes time as it’s an electric appliance. Besides that, it’s one of the best siphon coffee makers under $200, which you should definitely have.
4. Diguo Belgian Balance Siphon Coffee Maker
Why do we love it?
- A perfect choice for science enthusiasts and coffee lovers who want to experiment
- Moreover, it looks premium and is also available in colors other than gold
- Lastly, the coffee quality is premium and you will enjoy coffee making with this coffee maker
Vintage-looking siphon coffee makers are the best if you want the perfect and balanced flavors which these new electric ones cannot produce. This Diguo coffee maker is one such coffee maker which you cannot use daily but would be the best when it comes to serving coffee to your guests in a fun way. Furthermore, it comes with cloth filters, so you don’t have to waste your money on paper filters.
Besides that, it has a stainless steel build and has a golden finish on it which makes it look premium. Also, this setup is set on a durable stand which keeps it stable. The glass is borosilicate, which is heat resistant. Therefore, you can think of getting this vintage siphon coffee maker, but make sure you don’t use it daily.
- Strong flavored coffee
- Premium looksÂ
- Does not use electricityÂ
- Easy to operateÂ
- Takes a lot of timeÂ
- Very small capacityÂ
According to us, if you want to have a collection of coffee makers due to your love of coffee, you can get this one. However, we don’t recommend it to someone who has a tight budget and needs one to use daily.
Furthermore, it’s fun to look at it while it brews coffee, but make sure you don’t use it for a long time. Also, the capacity is only 17 oz so it won’t be great for a family.
5. Yama Siphon 8 Cup Stove Top Coffee Maker
Why do we love it?
- This 8 cup vacuum coffee maker is a perfect choice for a small family who enjoys full flavored coffee
- Furthermore, it’s a stovetop siphon coffee maker, so you can keep it on gas or electric tops
- Lastly, the coffee aromas stay intact inside the glass chambers as they don’t absorb any of them
Stovetop is so common to everyone’s place, so why not go for a stovetop siphon coffee maker? There is no chance anyone can deny buying this Yama siphon coffee maker as it’s a beautiful 8 cup siphon coffee maker which doesn’t require much of the counter space and can be easily handled.
Also, the construction is of glass which doesn’t let the aroma escape anywhere due to the vacuum.
Furthermore, it’s fully handcrafted with precision also. The use of borosilicate glass is truly amazing as it doesn’t let the aroma and oils escape. What makes it more special is that it comes with reusable cloth filters which won’t harm the environment and would stay for a long time.
Therefore, you should definitely go for this best vacuum pot.
- High-quality constructionÂ
- Brews rich coffeeÂ
- Price under $80
- Does not let the aromas escape
- Requires efforts to brewÂ
- Requires separate water filterÂ
As stovetops are commonly used by people, you also might be having one with you and if you have, you don’t have to look for any other siphon coffee maker as this Yama coffee maker is everything you need. Furthermore, it has a strong build and of borosilicate glass and heat resistant handles of rubber so your hands won’t burn while serving. However, take it only if you are ready to wait for 15 minutes for coffee.
6. Yama Glass 5 Cup Stovetop Siphon Coffee maker
Why do we love it?
- This Yama 5 cup coffee maker comes with a unique design having a wide bottom chamber and a cylindrical upper chamber so itâ€™s quite stable
- Furthermore, if you are a bachelor, this 5 cup coffee maker will satisfy all of your coffee needs.
- Also, the borosilicate glass and the rubber handle are heat resistant so it’s safe to touch it with bare hands.
Once again, here is a siphon coffee maker by Yama but it is only 5 cups which would be best suited for bachelors. This coffee maker has also been featured in our list of best coffee makers for college. Besides that, the construction of this coffee maker is unique and made of borosilicate glass, which makes sure that the aroma and oils stay intact.
Furthermore, the heat resistant handle keeps you safe while pouring coffee into a cup after brewing. Also, you don’t have to wash it on your own as your dishwasher can do it for you. What makes it even more special is the glass chambers are microwave safe so you can heat it anytime you want.
- Brews tasty coffeeÂ
- Best for small servingsÂ
- The handle stays coolÂ
- Cloth filters includedÂ
- Not for a familyÂ
- Wide lower carafeÂ
As the brand has a good reputation and this 5 cup gravity coffee maker also has a good build quality, it’s good to go with this one only if you are the only one having coffee in your house. Moreover, it has a unique design and can easily fit anywhere you want and it’s a stovetop siphon coffee maker, so you can use it on an electric stovetop too.
However, due to the unique design, some amount of coffee gets stuck inside.
7. Boeng 5-Cup Tabletop Siphon Coffee Maker
Why do we love it?
- This coffee maker is the cheapest in our list with a price range under $30 yet it works perfectly.
- Also, the glass and handles are heat resistant so don’t worry even if you touch it accidentally, you wonâ€™t get burnt
- Moreover, you can customize your brew according to your choice and choose the strength and temperature
The Boeng 5 cup coffee maker is for people who want to experience the best siphon coffee brewing. As this one looks straight out of a science lab, you will really enjoy brewing coffee in this syphon coffee maker.
According to its price, it’s a great deal and would be a great choice for people who love putting in some effort while brewing coffee.
Besides that, the flavor you will get with this vacuum coffee maker is unbeatable, and it doesn’t take much of your time, like other siphon pots. Moreover, the handles are made out of polypropylene, which is heat resistant and won’t burn your hands.
However, the only thing about this siphon coffee maker is its fragile glass construction, which should be taken care of while brewing.
- Easy to cleanÂ
- Smooth coffee flavorÂ
- Coffee is fun to brewÂ
- You can decide the strengthÂ
- Glass is fragileÂ
- Seal is poorÂ
This tabletop siphon coffee maker is what you need if you want to enjoy a flavorful coffee at your home. Even if it’s a cheaper option, you can enjoy coffee brewing as it gives balanced flavors and doesnâ€™t let the aromas escape to some extent.
However, the seal is poor and you might face some kind of leakage if not attached properly. Besides that, it comes with a burner to brew coffee. Therefore, you can consider this cheap siphon coffee maker for you.
8. Nispira Belgian Luxury Siphon Coffee Maker
Nispira Belgian Luxury Siphon Coffee MakerStaff Pick
Why do we love it?
- It’s fun to watch this coffee maker brewing coffee, and it looks premium
- Furthermore, you can brew coffee easily, and it has a nice flavor with great aroma
- Also, you don’t have to search for a different burner as the setup includes one which matches the built
Want something to brag about in front of guests? This luxury siphon coffee maker would be the perfect choice to have something by your side. With this golden siphon coffee maker, you can brew 2 cups of coffee at a time.
However, the capacity is very small but you can use it again and again if you want. Furthermore, the brown wooden base makes sure the construction stays at its place.
Also, this tabletop siphon coffee maker can be kept anywhere you want, and the glass is heat resistant, so don’t worry about burns. Besides that, the golden finish will last long on the stainless steel build. However, it’s not for someone who wants to use a siphon coffee maker daily.
Therefore, if you are one of those, stay away from these siphon coffee makers, even if they look appealing to your eyes.
- Burner turns off automaticallyÂ
- Does not use electricityÂ
- Pretty easy to cleanÂ
- Coffee tastes clean and tastyÂ
- Handle is of plasticÂ
- Not practically usableÂ
Get this siphon coffee maker only if you make siphon coffee occasionally because it’s not made for daily use. It’s a luxury item which should be stored and used during occasions. Moreover, the capacity is only 500ml which makes only 2 cups.
Therefore, it’s a nice and beautiful gifting option but doesn’t have any practical use as you cannot use it daily. Besides that, it’s fun to watch the coffee brewing in this amazing vacuum coffee brewer.
How to use a siphon coffee maker?
Now that you have seen the top 8 best siphon coffee makers of 2021. You might have the question of how to use a siphon coffee maker, right? Don’t worry! Here we have provided a small guide on how to use a siphon coffee maker in which we have provided a detailed guide so you can have a clear idea and know how it works
If you want a more detailed guide, check our guide on how to use a siphon coffee maker where we have explained each and every step carefully.
Disassemble the siphon coffee maker and fill the lower chamber with the required amounts of water. Reassemble it by attaching the filter and top chamber
Start the heat source, which might be an alcohol burner, stove top or electricity, and let the water boil. After boiling, the water will start going into the top chamber due to the siphon principle
Once the water has boiled enough, open the lid of the top chamber and add medium coarse coffee grounds to it. Furthermore, stir the ground using a wooden spoon and let it infuse.
Let the coffee brew for some time and then remove the heating source after some time and let the bottom chamber get cooled. You will see the filtered coffee dripping in the lower chamber again because of the siphon principle.
Clean the coffee maker by removing the coffee grounds and then rinse the glass chambers and filter using some mild soap and water. Lastly, wipe the siphon coffee maker using a damp cloth so there will be no water residue left.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are siphon coffee makers any good?
Yes, according to many people including us, siphon coffee makers are great when it comes to coffee taste and quality. However, it requires much time to brew and many people lack it. Although there are many people who enjoy brewing siphon coffee, if you are one of them, you should definitely get a siphon coffee maker.Â
Is a vacuum coffee maker ideal for everyday use of coffee lovers?
Yes, coffee lovers can use vacuum coffee maker daily but using it requires a lot of practice. Therefore, if you want to have it every day, you have to master it and remember that the first few brews will not be great.Â
How do you clean a siphon coffee maker?
Mostly siphon coffee makers are fully detachable so you can easily clean it with water. Moreover, if the parts of the coffee maker are dishwasher safe, it’s way easier. However, do not immerse the glass jug in water.Â
How does siphon coffee taste?
The coffee brewed by siphon coffee makers has a full-bodied flavor and it’s smooth to taste. Furthermore, the siphon coffee has a perfect temperature.Â
Now that you know the top 8 best siphon coffee makers of 2021, you are free to get one of them according to your choice and preferences. Moreover, for your ease, we have also included a mini guide on how to use a siphon coffee maker.
Therefore, we hope that you have loved this article as we have featured all the genuine reviews after using those siphon coffee brewers and testing them thoroughly. Moreover, you can also check out our other lists of coffee makers to get the best from the market.
Lastly, you can trust us with your buying as we provide you with genuine reviews.